Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pasta with Clams and Broccoli

Argh... I had off 2 nights this week when I would normally have night class. Though I enjoyed my extra time, this meant I had 2 more meals to prepare this week!

Luckily, I've got this little pasta dish I enjoy that I think is fairly healthy. Cheap, too!



Pasta with Clams and Broccoli


Cook pasta according to box directions: I like whole wheat angel hair pasta- angel hair cooks faster! (approx. $1-$2 for whole box, but a whole box is not necessary for 2-4 people)


Add 1 can clams, including the juice (approx. $2)


Add fresh or frozen steamed broccoli (cheap)


If you have one around, add a chopped tomato or some fresh lemon juice, or both


Sprinkle with Parmsan cheese. (whole can is approx. $3, but it will last a long time)





I once read somewhere that adding broccoli to every meal is one of the best things you can do for your family. I don't exactly do that every night, but I do like to keep bags of frozen broccoli in the freezer to sneak into meals when I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment