Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mini Pizzas

I am SO over cooking dinner. But I have to do it or my family would starve. Or eat Jack in the Box tacos on a way too regular basis. My dilemma is this: my standards are much too high for my levels of skill, motivation, or money. I will not make macaroni and cheese with hot dogs. I will not throw some fish sticks and tator tots in the oven. I've had enough Trader Joe's meals in a bag. I want to make a nice meal that has a high nutritional content, does not cost very much money, and only takes a half hour or less. My family requests that this meal tastes good as well. I think this is possible, and sometimes I do come up with a fabulous idea. I've tried in the past to write these ideas down in order to remember them, but I think now I'll try a computerized version. And so... My Blog!

I'll start this post with my current go-to meal:
(Note: I did not invent the English Muffin Pizza.)

English Muffin Pizzas
Spread whole wheat english muffin halves (I can usually find a pack on sale for $1) with

1 8 oz. can of tomato sauce ($0.45)

Add assorted leftover meats or vegetables for toppings

Top with shredded cheese (I like to keep a large package in stock- about $8 but it lasts a long time)

Throw in a 350* oven for about a half hour

No comments:

Post a Comment