Saturday, November 28, 2009

In the spirit of the holidays...

I've come to notice that if you serve a nice beverage, many times it doesn't really matter what it is you cook. This hot spiced wine is the perfect choice for the holiday season!




Hot Spiced Wine





In a Crock Pot, pour in 3-4 bottles of red wine. I made this on Thanksgiving and used Petite Syrah, but I think next time I would use a sweeter red, like Lambrusco, and add less sugar.





Drop in a couple tea balls full of Apple Cider Mulling Spices. If you can't find mulling spices, just use cinnamon sticks and whole cloves. If you don't have tea balls, wrap up the spices in cheesecloth, or just drop them right in the wine.





Squeeze in juice from 1/2 a lemon.

Add a few slices of peeled, cored apple. (I used 4 whole apples for my batch.)






Add sugar to taste. (I used 2/3 cup on Thanksgiving. It tasted good, but I think I could have gotten away with a bit less.)





Heat on High for 1-2 hours, or Low for 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment